I am an enthusiastic, energetic leader with demonstrated project management and creative skills. With over 20 years in the design industry and extensive management and leadership experience, I bring to the table a breadth of background and a wealth of knowledge. Most folks would say I am a “get it done” gal. As a strategic thinker, I thrive on figuring out ways to get things done, creatively managing multiple projects and producing results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Significant experience managing resources, working with vendors, and leading creative teams
- In-depth understanding of design, print and web processes, and the ability to independently take a project from idea to press or launch
Creative Director / Project Manager
Kforce for HP, Corvallis, Oregon
- Managed graphic design team in US and India.
- Assigned work and resources & tracked jobs.
- Monitored quality control & coordinated with production team to ensure on-time delivery of assets.
- Made process changes to eliminate future problems and facilitate smooth operation.
Senior Graphic Designer
CDI for HP, Corvallis, Oregon
- Collaborated with designers to translate content from national clients into branded publications for subscription-based delivery on HP printers.
- Designed logos, created publications, web graphics, sales mock-ups, Powerpoint presentations, marketing materials, and UI design.
- Complied with, and acted as resource for, HP corporate identity and graphic standards.
CrawforDesign, Corvallis, Oregon
- Developed print and media communications with clients to support their brand strategy and promote their products.
- Designed packaging, direct mail, media ads, posters, web sites, brochures, trade show booths and signage.
- Art directed photo shoots, attended press checks to monitor quality. Adeptly scheduled, managed, executed and tracked design, print and web jobs.
CEO / Creative Director
Fusion Marketing & Design, Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
- Created with partners a successful, dynamic regional design and marketing firm.
- Directed creative, innovative development of print and electronic media for clients. creative services team, including designers, writers, coders and photographers.
- Successfully scheduled, managed and tracked web, design and print jobs.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
- Landmark Education….. Leadership Training
- Linn-Benton Community College….. AAS, Graphic Communications
- Oregon State University….. BS, Wildlife Biology
- Board member, Corvallis Mac Users Group (CMUG)
- Volunteer designer for community groups (NW Earth Institute, Corvallis Sustainability Coalition)
“Sue is an incredibly talented graphic designer, team leader and project manager. Her designs are impeccable and always meet the needs of the client. She’s an excellent listener and is able to translate complicated requests into beautiful design packages. Sue was able to work successfully on a wide range of projects, from PowerPoint presentations to interactive PDFs and many, many news and newsletter-like publications. Sue was able to go above and beyond her role as a graphic designer and managed complicated projects with numerous deliverables and overlapping timelines. Her attention to detail ensured the success of these projects time after time.”
– Susan Schaibly, HP Project Manager, Writer & Editor